October 07, 2006

Ants Schmantz

A few things going on of late, but nothing super spectacular.

First, a couple of quick entertaining links:
- weird Al's "White and Nerdy"
- A freakish cure for hiccups
- Frightful political news
- A comical Google Earth bug

Life remains fairly hectic. Bobbie continues her at home treatment which remains challenging but she's hanging in there. The most recent hurdle is that she started to lose her hair (approximately 1/500 chance of that happening with this treatment) which resulted in her getting it cut fairly short (to a bob) to slow down the loss. The haircut seems to have been effective so far in reducing the amount of daily loss. It's not obvious that she's losing it yet other than finding it everywhere. However, as I've said throughout the treatment thus far, it's all to ensure that she's around for many more years to see her son grow and mature. The side effects are of no concern to me if they are not health threatening.

I recently went on another business trip to Newport News and managed to be sick the entire time (sinus infection or something of the like) and am just starting to feel better today (5 days later). That sucked. I actually missed work on Friday as a result, but got some much needed sleep to help knock it out. Killian is just starting to get a runny nose today, so it's probably his turn. Bobbie was sick simultaneously with me, but she was a day ahead. Other than that, the trip was pretty fruitful from a business perspective. However, I was surprised by having to stay an extra day so I had to go on a shopping adventure to pick up an extra day's worth of clothing.

My little free time continues to be occupied by World of Warcraft and Mythos. If you didn't see the season opener for South Park and know anything about World of Warcraft, you should try to catch it in a rerun or on the internet. Pretty funny stuff (as South Park *always* is in my opinion).

I can't remember if I posted it before or not, but I've added my Amazon.com wishlist and my DVD Collection back to the blog page (see upper right corner).

Nothing especially new to report on the Killian front other than that he continues to change and learn more everyday. He now knows please pretty well and is picking up new words all of the time. Shamu is finally starting to play with him a bit, but she's still a pain in the butt about it for some reason. He's generally pretty gentle with her, but she flees whenever he gets near.

Alright, I'm off to snag some lunch while he's napping. Until next time...

No comments: