April 24, 2008

Realizations

A few realizations from the past few months:
  • I traveled to Washington DC earlier this week and had to walk 5 blocks to and from a training class. Each leg of the journey resulted in perspiration, muscle burn and heavy breath. I am incredibly out of shape. Not just weight, which really isn't all that terribly bad, but overall fitness. I desperately need to get an exercise regimen going.
  • I am unfit for big city life.
  • Washington DC is only about a 4 hour drive from my current home - unless there is rain and/or traffic.
  • Public bathroom floors often utilize highly reflective tile. This was a bad realization from the inside of a stall. Time to dull it down, builders.
  • I am annoyed when given only the following two options by electronic prompts: "Yes" and "No thanks" or "No thank you". "Yes" is fine, but who's to say that I am going to thank you for a rejected offer? It could be a horrific choice, such as "Would you like to have your kneecap mutilated by a rotating electronic fork?". If so, I'm certainly not going to respond with a "No thanks". It's far more likely to be a "Heeeeell no" or a "F*ck that!".
  • Following a drought, it will apparently rain every weekend.
  • The television in my house means more to me than it should. This won't change and I won't make an effort for it to. Just a realization.
  • I have no idea how to clean a mattress. A 3-year old has taught me this.
  • I do not support baby showers after the 2nd child. There should be plenty of hand me downs floating around a household by that point.
  • The Power Rangers are still some kind of terrible. A 3-year old opposes this viewpoint.
  • I gots no lawn care skillz. Sure, I can cut grass and trim weeds, but that about sums up my talents in the area of lawn care.
  • Playing a drum set well is difficult. Video games helping to make the world a better place with reality checks.

No comments: