May 12, 2014

Throwback Monday

I received a notification from Time Warner that homepage service is being discontinued by them so I grabbed what little I had up there and am re-posting here for historical sake.  A few of the links are still good and most are now broken.  I left them as links strictly for archival reference.  It's fun to look back upon these.

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Paulblog has moved completely

Paulblog is now located at http://paul.mantastoft.net/blog  Until further notice, please update all of your records to go there for future postings.

Thank you

The Management

Saturday, May 10, 2003

X2: Electric Boogaloo

I went to see X-men 2 the other night, fairly excited but mostly afraid.  I was afraid that they would screw it up and turn a potentially very cool thing into something really stupid and bad.  I was very relieved when I left the theater feeling satisfied and having enjoyed the film  For the comic book die hards, there are a few flaws of course, but they were fairly easily overlooked in light of making a good movie of it.  Overall, I give it 4 stars and will be glad to give it a second watching.

It's difficult to judge The Hulk by it's previews, but I have lesser hopes for it.  Sadly, the same goes for Spiderman's 2nd film.  My next theater target will be The Matrix Reloaded.

Sunday, May 4, 2003

New Additions to Paul's Page o' Fun

A new section has been added to Paul's Page o' Fun.  Other Links

Also, I *finally* got the Gathering of Friends 2003 session report assembled and uploaded.

Saturday, May 3, 2003

Fear the Dark Side

I will let these two links speak for themselves.  The 1st one is a little longer than the 2nd, but watch them in order to enhance the experience:

Practice ...|... Makes Perfect

Here's an interesting site helping to explain why boardgames cost what they do -> Why Games Cost What they Do

And for all who work in a call center or ticketing environment, and even those that don't, I again present The Chronicles of George.  Even if you've already seen this, it's worth a reread and continues to be updated.  Woohoo!

Sunday, April 27, 2003

Time Warner DVR follow-up

After a few days evaluation, I can say that the DVR from Time Warner seems to be performing very well.  It's definitely a good contender for TiVo, especially at TiVo's current prices.  Thus far, the strongest advantage that TiVo has is it's smoother fast forwarding and rewinding.  The TW DVR is much less responsive at this.  Also, TiVo Favorites is a feature that I find useful that is not on the TW DVR.  Still, the recording quality of the TW DVR beats out TiVo, considering that both picture and sound quality are maintained at broadcast level.

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Time Warner DVR

I picked up the new DVR offered by Time Warner to its digital cable subscribers today.  We hooked it up only moments ago, so I can't really say much for its performance yet, but I couldn't pass it up at a cost of an additional $0.00 per month for our cable bill (considering the bill is ludicrous as is, this is a good thing).  My plan was to actually snag 2 of them, but they would only allow 1 per household due to limited supply.  The true beauty of the thing is the double tuners, which allows you to watch one show while recording another, or record two shows while playing back a 3rd.

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Family Guy in da house!!

Family Guy is back, in syndication, on Cartoon Network!  Set your TiVo or VCR (join us in the 21st century, ya bum) now!  It's great stuff.

Long Time, No Blog

Look at that, I get a new job and suddenly I stop posting blog entries.  Whaddup wif dat?  I'll tell you whaddup wif dat, I've been busy.  Between starting 2 new jobs (including the pizza delivery) and taking a week to head to Ohio for the Gathering of Friends, my time has been much occupied.  So, without further ado, I make my 1st entry in 3 weeks:

The Gathering of Friends was great, as it is every year.  I had the company of Gee for the entirety, which was good stuff.  We also spent most of the week in the company of a great couple of guys, Mark Edwards and Erik Arneson (see boardgames.about.com).  I got to play several new games as well as some old favorites.  You can check out the Session Reports section of my homepage for a more detailed report.

Rich purchased Splinter Cell and Ikaruga for the GameCube whilst I was away.  I got a peek at both last night and I'd have to say that Splinter Cell is the more interesting to me.  Ikaruga has that old skool arcade game appeal, but it didn't really do anything for me.  On the other hand, Splinter Cell looks pretty sweet, but I want to see the end of Hitman 2 on PS2 before I get engaged in the storyline.  Also, Zelda must be finished.  Tingle must prevail, Mr. Fairy!!

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Micheal Douglas... I still don't get it.

I bought the 3rd Harry Potter book from Barnes & Noble on CD for the 9 hour drive home from Columbus, Ohio.  $55 !!  How crazy is that?!?  It was $35 on tape, which is about what I thought I might have to spend on an audio book.  Heck, I figured the whole collection on CD might run me about $120, but at $55 per, it's looking more like $150.  That's ludicrous.  Granted, book 3 is 10 CDs long, but that's still way to expensive.  I had no idea...

Recently acquired DVDs - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (pretty good stuff... wow, look at those kids pubertize [crazy word creation]) & White Oleander (Bobbie's choice - doesn't really interest me).

South Park continues to step over the line.  Cartman giving Ben Affleck a Jennifer Lopez "taco kisses" hand job.  There's just something wrong there.  Hilarious, but wrong.

Monday, April 7, 2003

New URL for Paul's Page o' Fun & PaulBlog

Rich has finally secured a domain, so I now have a more versatile server for Paul's Page o' Fun & PaulBlog.  You can now, and should start using http://paul.mantasoft.net to access these pages.

The Gathering of Friends 2003

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, along with the new job I also re-acquired the chance to go to The Gathering of Friends this year in Columbus, OH.  For those that know me, you also know that this is something that I was hating having to miss.  I'm going to be driving this time, so it will allow me to tote luggage a little more freely.  Woohoo!

No comments: