January 14, 2008

Lamb and that Biff guy

I just finished reading Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore at the suggestion of a friend. Those who know me know that I am not a religious fanatic by any means. That said, read this book. Read it and enjoy it, no matter what your stance on Christianity. I would be as amazed to see it offend as I would be to hear that it was found to be not entertaining. I really, really loved this story from cover to cover. It's not goofy and stupid. It's not preachy or sappy. It is simply a well written piece of literature. That said, it is primarily comic in nature. I can't really say much more other than offering mad props to Christopher Moore on a job well done.

My next endeavour is The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (and then the rest of the trilogy assuming that I enjoy book 1).

No comments: