July 03, 2011

Bobbie's 40th Birthday Butterfly Release

For those that attended, you may recall that we did a butterfly release at Bobbie's "memorial service".  It proved to be a nice bright moment on a day during which it was difficult to find an upbeat thought.  In particular, Killian responded very positively to it after a stint of justified crying.

As a result, I elected to do a small, private butterfly release with just myself and Killian on her first birthday following her passing last year and then again this year.  My neighbor was kind enough to take a few pictures of the event last year which I elected not to post at the time and this year I took some video of Killian performing the release.  He chose to say a prayer in preface to the release this year completely of his own volition which I thought was very sweet.  I chose to share the video from this year's release as time has eased the pain ever so slightly and I feel that many will find it touching to see Killian reaching out to his mom in one of the few ways he can.  So, without further ado, here is the video.

No comments: