April 21, 2006

Game night at the Apollo

Well, at least a All Fun & Games. We hosted our weekly boardgame night at the store last night with approximately 20 attendees. Lots of games were played, but those with which I was specifically involved were:

- Parlay :: It's a mix between poker and Scrabble. I enjoyed it well enough, but doubt I would choose it over Quiddler or Scrabble given the option.

- Pizza Box Football :: A light football boardgame based on dice rolls. With several levels of play and an expansion pack that includes real world teams, it seems that it might be an enjoyable substitute for Blood*Bowl. I played only the introductory game, so it possibly a little too simple.

- Age of Steam - Italy Expansion :: Having played Age of Steam before, I knew that I would enjoy the base game at the very least. The Italy expansion offered some interesting twists, but it was just too tight of a land mass for my enjoyment with 4 players. Some of that negativity could be stemming from having been beaten about the head and neck by my opponents from a scoring standpoint, but I think I would maintain that opinion even with a win.

Overall, a good time was had as always.

No comments: