April 28, 2006

A la peanut butter sandwiches

A quick recap of what I've been up to lately: Evolution.

Actually, it has been a fairly hectic week. Many of them are these days from a work standpoint. I can't pin it to one particular thing, it's just a busy time for IT in the company's history and I have the opportunity to play a reasonably involved part. Hectic, but rewarding in the end with both knowledge and recognition.

After tonight's migration of our Blackberry server, I will have begun, continued work on or finished:
In any case, a fairly busy work week when you combine all of that with other standard day-to-day stuff that pops up along the way.

On the personal side of the week, I had a terrible performance at Tuesday night World Tavern Poker, but I'm still ranked 9th overall in the tavern at which I play so that can only get better if I do manage good finishes during the rest of the season.

QuickBooks annoyed me quite a bit this month by announcing the cessation of payroll support for QuickBooks 2003 and forcing us to upgrade to QuickBooks 2006 (or choose another product/company), pretty much a $200 venture that our store didn't really need to encounter right before a move (check our coverage in The News & Observer).

Today at lunch I picked up a new front pocket wallet by Fossil. That will help thwart those pesky pickpockets plaguing my playground. Ok, more importantly it will help rid me of that unsightly bulge on my left buttock. Ok, even *more* importantly, it will help keep my pants from wearing at exactly the point that a corner of my previous wallet met my office chair. Very annoying.

For those that don't already know or know and don't read Wil Wheaton's blog (the kid from Stand By Me, Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: TNG), it's surprisingly entertaining and/or interesting and very regularly updated. As a bonus, it has an RSS feed (remember my last post?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, dude. You get to do a lot more interesting IT stuff at your place than I get to do at mine. But I guess I get to work closer to normal hours than you, so it's a trade-off.

Paul McRae said...

Yeah, it's never a dull moment, that's for sure.