September 17, 2007

That Boardgaming Thing 2007

Honestly, I haven't forgotten that I have a blog hanging out here. The standard excuse still stands - it's been a crazy busy time at work and we've spent the last couple of months preparing to move: selling our house, finding a new house, making an offer, getting rejected, finding a new new house, making an offer, getting a counter-offer, countering the counter, having that accepted, planning the move, oh, and coordinating a 4-day board gaming event to occur the weekend before the move.

Well, the board gaming event, the 4th annual That Boardgaming Thing, went fabulously. I had a great time and had an opportunity to play with many people that I only get to see once/year if that in addition to many that I see more frequently. As a bonus, I managed to come in 2nd (first loser) in the poker tourney that we held. Only 24 players, but still a decent challenge. Additionally, I managed to lose to one Alan R. Moon, who graced our event with his presence, so that was pretty entertaining as well.

Pics of the new house to be posted soon - moving in 2 days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So odd that while stalking you I clicked on the link for Alan R. Moon, then clicked on "Games," scrolled down to see if I recogniized any titles, and there it was...Whoa Nellie!!!

Paul McRae said...

If only I knew who posted this, it might be so much more entertaining. Not that it is lacking inherent entertainment value. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I did not want to sign up for a user account, and it really did't occur to me that you wouldn't know who posted it:)
Oops!
~Nellie~

Paul McRae said...

I totally missed the "Nellie" reference there since Whoa Nellie was funny unto itself. :)

Melissa said...

"That Boardgaming Thing, went fabulously." GOOBER - "fabulously" and "boardgaming" in the same sentence! Oh Dear... LOL