June 05, 2008

Elevated Aromatics

So, I fell into a cousin of the Dangers of Association from an earlier post. It is the dreaded travelling stink box. I was leaving work the other day and happened to arrive at the elevators on the 3rd floor just as someone was exiting. As I stepped into the elevator car, I immediately took note that someone, assumed to be the guy who just exited, had managed to populate the place with gaseous fecal spray. I had little choice but to endure the frightful odor for my whopping two-story ride down only to have someone waiting to enter the car as I fled for fresh air. As the door closed behind me, it occurred to me that "Oh great, now that guy thinks that I am the culprit of the fartisserie chicken in there." So, of course I had to question my own assumption that the guy exiting when I entered was the bomber. It is now a mystery to us all, but I have no doubt that the guy in after me isn't questioning the flatulence as closely as I am. Thus, I suffer the consequence and unjustified shame of silent blame.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Laughing almost to tears! :)

Paul McRae said...

I was almost in tears in the elevator. I'll say that much.