June 03, 2008

Not Built for Pitching

At the completion of Mass Effect, I picked up playing two lighter games as mentioned; Penny Arcade Presents... and Burnout Paradise. I am enjoying both. Penny Arcade's game is entertaining and light RPG pretty much. Burnout Paradise is a drive the way you wish you could (well, all except for the outlandish wrecks) free-for-all. I played some of the multi-player mode online and completed all of the 2-player challenges. That really adds a lot to the game and is a blast to have others around to witness when you do the impossible.

Rich picked up Boom Blox for the Wii. We played on Sunday and my arm is still in pain (sad reflection of my state of fitness). That could be because we played for about 8 hours! It's really addictive and really fun. If you have a Wii, I consider it a must buy. Basically there are 2 game types. One is more or less giant Jenga and the other is throwing balls (baseball or bowling ball) at giant Jenga stacks. There are variants of both of these, but that pretty much covers the bulk of the game. 8 hours in one day - did I mention that? Check it out if you can.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have never really liked video games, but Hunter has the Wii thing and it sounds really neat and fun. :)