January 16, 2007

Not-So-Burning Crusade

I failed to take a picture of my kid today. Man am I quick to fail these resolutions. I did take both video and pictures yesterday, so I suppose I could credit myself a day.

Bobbie finally got back from Oklahoma at almost midnight last night. Killian was very happy to see her today (as was I, of course) and apparently they had a good reunion day overall.

I managed to avoid the draw of the World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade expansion today. I can't say the same for our roommate Mike as he sits and plays a Blood Elf character behind me. Since the new character race is all that it would buy me and I don't even have a 50th, much less 58th, level character, the temptation is fairly easy to ignore for the time being.

I've spent a few moments here and there over the last several days importing my CD collection into iTunes. Glad it's a fairly simple one-click process, but it's still taking forever even though I only have a little over 200 CDs in total. I'm running across all kinds of things that I forgot I even had. For example, I just encountered Peter Murphy "Deep".

The Carolina Hurricanes are on TV playing against the Florida Panthers in Florida which reminds me that I went to the game last week when Florida was in town playing us. It was pretty cool because I got free tickets and they were box seats, so that came with free food and drink to boot. The game was mighty crappy as we headed into the 3rd period down 0-3. However, it then "got all crazy" as the Canes proceeded to score six, yes six, goals in the 3rd period eventually winning 6-4. The place lit up. Two of the guys that were with me were at their first NHL game, so that was very cool for them to see and was a first for me. The most goals that I can remember ever seeing live in a period before that game is three. Woohoo, go Canes!

No comments: